|For immediate release||Monday, June 16, 2014|
Industry Leaders Launch Innovative New Firm
Kimothy Walker & Eric Collard bring together almost
20 community leaders for Ottawa Media Group
Ottawa, ON – Today, Kimothy Walker and Eric Collard announced the launch of their new firm, Ottawa Media Group (OMG). This new company brings together almost 20 dynamic community leaders and experts in all areas of communications and media.
“Our firm brings together individuals with countless years of expertise in every aspect of communications, from stakeholder relations and social media to video production and media training,” said Kimothy Walker, former CTV Ottawa news anchor and managing partner of OMG. “No other firm in Ottawa brings this diverse expertise to the table.”
One of those clients is the Ottawa Champions, a new CanAM team which is led by the man who was the owner of the Durham Bulls featured in the movie Bull Durham. Starting today, Miles Wolff, recognized as one of the top 100 people in baseball, has partnered with OMG as he launches a new professional franchise in Ottawa. The opportunity to work with Mr. Wolff and his local team accelerated OMG’s launch plans by several months.
“We set out to create a company that was one-stop shopping for our clients and I’m proud to say we have accomplished that,” added Eric Collard, OMG’s other managing partner. “We mean business and we have fun doing it!”
In addition to providing expert advice in communications, once a year Ottawa Media Group will offer local registered charities a free half-day session with their experts to better prepare them for fundraising, media relations, communications, public speaking and writing.
“We all believe in giving back to our community and in making our world a better place,” added Walker. “Each person on our team has a great track record of contributing many hours to worthy causes and we are committed to continuing these efforts,”
Ottawa Media Group is very proud to have a bilingual team of communications experts including:
• Kimothy Walker — Managing Partner
• Eric Collard — Managing Partner
• Michelle Valberg — World-renowned photographer
• Joan Weinman — Seasoned communications and media executive (Ottawa and Toronto)
• Peggy Taillon — Senior communications consultant
• Sue Wilson — Media Event Manager/Fundraiser
• David Gourlay — Philanthropy advisor and Ottawa Champions President
• Heather Gilmour — Office supervisor
• Heather Boyd — Trademark specialist
• Kate Wheeler — Media trainer and veteran journalist
• Barry Acton — Veteran network cameraman and editor
• Garry Lackner — Veteran network cameraman and producer
• Iwona Albrecht — Corporate lawyer
• Victoria Ollers — Veteran communications executive (Toronto)
• Paul Tyler — Senior communications advisor (Toronto)
• Lindsay Peterson-Chisholm — Senior communications advisor (Toronto)
• John Cowie — Senior communications advisor (Toronto)
While Ottawa Media Group will officially support and be affiliated with the CTV Amazing People Gala, SchoolBOX, Hera Mission, Ryan’s Well, Miracle League and Project North, our individual team members will continue to support dozens of local charities in their respective communities.
For more information, please contact:
Eric Collard / Kimothy Walker / Ottawa Media Group
613-878-0180 / 613-859-3753
email@example.com / @OttMediaGroup